In accordance with the recommendation of the Ministry of Justice, the High Judicial Council of the Republic of Serbia has rendered a decision on cancellation of all the court hearings during the state of emergency. This decision comes in force as of March 19, 2020 until the end of the state of emergency.
This rule shall not apply only to certain urgent matters. In criminal cases, the hearings will be held only in the following cases:
- When the detention is ordered or detention is requested,
- For the criminal offences referred to in Articles 235, 248 and 249 of the Criminal Code,
- Against underage perpetrators of criminal offences,
- Domestic violence,
- When there is threat of the expiration of the statute of limitations,
- For the criminal offences committed during the term of the state of emergency.
In the civil law cases, the hearings will be held only in the proceedings where:
- The injunction needs to be imposed,
- It is decided on protective measure regarding domestic violence,
- It is decided on prohibition of dissemination of printed media and spreading information in the public media,
- It is decided on placement on individuals in neuro-psychiatric institutions,
- Enforcement of executive titles in family matters.