Practical financing solutions tailored to your needs.
When a great deal is at stake it’s important to work with professionals who have a really good grasp of all the risks and opportunities; who understand their clients’ priorities as well as the dynamics of the local market and can advise them on the suitability of a wide range of products, from plain vanilla loans to the most complex derivative products.
At Stankovic & Partners (NSTLAW) banking and finance is a core area of our practice. We have considerable experience of acting for major international and domestic financial institutions, as agents, senior lenders or syndicate members, as well as for borrowers from a variety of sectors, on a range of financing transactions. These include corporate and investment grade lending, leveraged and acquisition finance, asset finance and leasing, real estate development finance and cross-border intercompany loans.
In addition, with our acclaimed knowledge of the Serbian energy market, the team boasts award-winning expertise in project finance, as well as an impressive track record of success in big-ticket debt restructurings and reorganisations. On the borrower side, we assist clients with the financing of acquisitions and mergers, loans for funding new equipment or working capital, and a host of other projects. In addition, we offer a wealth of expertise in financial regulatory issues, while our experienced dispute resolution team has notable skill in resolving problems and enforcing security.
Whatever the issue, clients value our pragmatic advice and international outlook, together with our firm grasp of local market conditions and commitment to innovation.
Our clients include major funder the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), Czech Export Bank, Heta Asset Resolution AG (former Hypo-Alpe Adria bank International AG), the Serbian Innovation Fund, Mining and Smelting Combine Bor (the largest Serbian copper mine and smelting facility), Monster Energy, Red Metal AG, Industry of Trebjesa (a member of Molson Coors Group), UCTAM Turn-Around Management, Kimberly Enterprises B.V. (member of Engel Group, Israel), Sberbank and Uniqa Insurance.
- advising the Serbian Innovation Fund on the financing of a number of innovative multi-million euro projects supported by the World Bank and IPA funds;
- acting on the €20 million+ acquisition of a bank specialising in mobile banking by as Serbian financial services firm from a major international telecommunications company;
- advising an international financial institution on the establishment and registration of mortgages on property in public ownership as a security instrument for a loan agreement to finance the construction of a waste management project;
- advising an international financial institution on the implementation of the Western Balkans and Croatia Finance Framework, including granting loans to Opportunity Bank Serbia, Cacanska Bank Serbia, Erste Bank Serbia and Opportunity Bank Montenegro;
- advising an international bank on a €35 million loan to Elektroprivreda Crne Gore, the main Montenegrin electricity producer, which was the first financing of the Montenegrin energy sector by an international financial institution;
- advising an international financial services firm on the application of the Western Balkans Sustainable Energy Direct Financing Facility, including a grant to Interkomerc Energo Serbia for the development of mini hydro power plants;
- advising the Czech Export Bank on export support loans made to Montenegrin National Railways for the redevelopment of the railways in Montenegro (€36 million), to Serbian Railways for the redevelopment of the railways in Serbia, and to Bridge Power Investment Serbia and BPI Czech Republic for the development of a new agri-pellets production plant in Serbia;
- advising Contourglobal on innovatively structured project financing from OPIC, which was awarded Project Finance Deal of the Year by IFLR a few years ago.