The Government of the Republic of Serbia has proclaimed the state of emergency due to the spread of COVID -19. Law office Stankovic and Partners continues to provide legal services to our clients. Our attorneys will be providing pro bono services to all the clients in the cases where they intend to give donations or otherwise contribute to the efforts of the Government of Serbia in prevention of the virus and treatment of patients.
In accordance with the recommendation of the Ministry of Justice, the High Judicial Council of the Republic of Serbia has rendered a decision on cancellation of all the court hearings during the state of emergency. This decision comes in force as of March 19, 2020 until the end of the state of emergency.
This rule shall not apply only to certain urgent matters. In criminal cases, the hearings will be held only in the following cases:
- When the detention is ordered or detention is requested,
- For the criminal offences referred to in Articles 235, 248 and 249 of the Criminal Code,
- Against underage perpetrators of criminal offences,
- Domestic violence,
- When there is threat of the expiration of the statute of limitations,
- For the criminal offences committed during the term of the state of emergency.
In the civil law cases, the hearings will be held only in the proceedings where:
- The injunction needs to be imposed,
- It is decided on protective measure regarding domestic violence,
- It is decided on prohibition of dissemination of printed media and spreading information in the public media,
- It is decided on placement on individuals in neuro-psychiatric institutions,
- Enforcement of executive titles in family matters.
Dear Clients and Partners,
In the conditions of the declared state of emergency in the Republic of Serbia, Law office Stankovic and Partners continues to fulfill its commitments without interruption. We have made necessary preparations for continuous remote communication (telephone, video connection, e-mail). In addition, if necessary – we will organize confidential, personal, client-lawyer meetings. As always, please do not hesitate to contact our legal team with all questions.
We are also available to discuss any questions about the effects of the emergency situation on you or your business.
We are committed to taking care of the best interest of our clients, while complying with the highest health standards, in order to contribute to the protection of the health of each of us, our customers, partners and fellow citizens.